Crab And Lemon Pennette Rigate
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
200g of whole wheat pennette rigate
1 small onion, finely diced
150g of broad beans, podded, peeled and blanched
100g of asparagus, tips only
6 crab claws, or 125g meat
45ml of extra virgin olive oil, good quality
1 lemon, peel and juice
2 sprigs of oregano
15g of chives, finely chopped
8g of parsley, finely chopped
1) You can purchase the crab claws from the fishmonger fresh or ready prepared. If cooking at home, simply place in salted boiling water over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes, then plunge into ice water to stop the cooking process.
2) Cook the pasta according to packet instructions.
3) Meanwhile, start the sauce by heating the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook slowly over a medium heat until soft. Add the cooked broad beans, asparagus tips and 30ml of water and cook the vegetables for 3-4 minutes.
4) Drain the pasta and keep warm so that it can absorb the lemon and olive oil sauce.
5) When the vegetables are cooked but still have a slight bite to them, add the lemon juice and zest and the chopped herbs. Switch off the heat and season with salt and pepper.
6) Tip the cooked pasta into the pan and mix well, coating the pasta evenly. Gently place the crab meat on top. Allow it to warm through for 2 minutes then serve.
Recipe from Barilla in partnership with Great British Chef Rosana McPhee
Crab And Lemon Pennette Rigate, 26th August 2017, 10:39 AM