5:00 AM 11th January 2021
The FREDIE Awards Are Back
The national Centre for Diversity has announced that its much applauded FREDIE Awards are going ahead in 2021.
"It’s time to nominate your unsung hero, company or organisation.”
The ‘FREDIEs’, which represent best practice in fairness, respect, equality, diversity, inclusion, and engagement, are a fixture of the national EDI calendar.
Nominations have opened and close on 12 March 2021.
The categories are:
1. Most Inspiring Individual of the Year
2. Most Innovative FREDIE Initiative of the Year
3. Most Improved Organisation of the Year
4. Diversity Steering Group of the Year
5. Resources/ Procurement Manager of the Year
6. Principal of the Year
7. Employee of the Year
8. FREDIE Lead of the Year
9. Managing Director/ Chief Executive of the Year
10. Board/ Senior Leadership Team of the Year
11. Small to Medium Business of the Year
12. Large Business of the Year
13. Board Member/ Director of the Year
14. HR Director/ Manager of the Year
Solat Chaudhry, CEO at NCFD said: “Organisations and individuals have not been deterred by Covid-19 and carried on supporting colleagues in what has turned out to be a momentous year for the fight against racism.
“I’m already hearing about the individuals that have gone above and beyond with equality, diversity and inclusion, policies and innovations and to support their colleagues.
“The FREDIEs, our equivalent of the Oscars, celebrate the very best in EDI practice and we are determined that we will celebrate excellence and showcase everyone’s efforts at our very own innovative virtual platform.
“It’s time to nominate your unsung hero, company or organisation.”